Оригинал взят у vadim_i_z в Средневековые коты
Комментарии заимствованы с тех же открыток.1. Detail from the border of the opening page of the Psalms in a Psalter made for the abbey of St. Albans, c. 1270-80.
2. Cat stands at a lectern, three rats look up at it. From a Psalter made for St Augustine's abbey, Canterbury, 1st quarter of the 13th century.
3. Cat cleaning itself and two others catching mice. From the Ashmole Bestiary, made in England, perhaps in the North Midlands, c. 1210.
4. A procession of cats, described as "mousers" in the text, from a manuscript Bestiary produced in England in the mid-13th century.
5. A spotted wild cat, from The Master of Game, in English, second quarter of the 15th century.
6. Cat eating a rat, from an English Bestiary, c. 1300.